Welcome to the ISTRO website
On this site you will find information about the International Soil Tillage Research Organisation (ISTRO), which focusses on the impact and consequences of various soil tillage (including no-till) practices and from field traffic. More information about the organisation itself can be found on the organisation page.
- Published: 15 May 2019 15 May 2019
January 30th 2019 - The latest version of ISTRO info, the May 2019 issue, is available for download.
In this issue:
- New ISTRO Branch in Serbia,
- Conservation Soil Tillage working group initiated,
- Looking back at the Soil deformation and fragmentation - PhD course 2019,
- Information about the free 3-year membership for new PhD’s,
- Upcoming Meetings and Events,
- New books.
In the picture above PhD student and ISTRO Info assistant Loraine ten Damme (left) with ISTRO Info predecessor and colleague Peter Bilson Obour in the field (photo: Sheela Katuwal)
- Published: 31 January 2019 31 January 2019
January 30th 2019 - The latest version of ISTRO info, the January 2019 issue, is available for download.
In this issue:
- Soil & Tillage research update,
- Bruce Ball, honorary member,
- News from the Subsoil Compaction Working Group,
- Upcoming meetings and events,
- New Books
In the picture above, Bruce Ball and Blair McKenzie are digging as part of the VESS evaluation in the JHI Mid Pilmore experimental plots in Scotland (photo: Joanne Cloy)
This and older issues of ISTRO info are availabe from the Download page.